|Aperture scale:||f/ 2 – f/22 (1/2 stop clicks)|
|Focusing range:||0.44m – infinity|
|Angular field, diag./horiz./vert.:||25 / 20 / 9°|
|Coverage at close range:||48 X 72 mm|
|Image ratio at close range:||1:2|
|Number of elements/groups:||9 / 8|
|Filter thread:||M 67 X 0.75|
|Dimensions (with caps):||76mm, 89mm long|
|Street price:||Check B&H prices|
on the Zeiss 100mm ƒ2 Makro-Planar
The Guide to Zeiss ZF/ZE Lenses provides the most comprehensive and complete review available of this world class 100mm macro lens for Canon or Nikon SLRs. The review will help you determine whether this lens (or another) is suitable for your goals and compare it carefully with the most comparable offerings from Nikon and Canon. If you already own this lens, the Guide will help you better understand its design and performance characteristics so you can employ the lens optimally.
Examples of topics you'll learn about for this magical lens include bokeh, sharpness, unique ARRI ƒ2 design, flare control, color rendition, ergonomics, applications in close-up, focus technique and its almost complete lack of distortion.
Also included are copious high resolution sample images with analysis.
“It’s my reference lens! There are few lenses that deliver the results that the 100/2 Makro-Planar can. The Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar exhibits some of most beautiful bokeh (blur) available today, a conclusion over which there is little dispute among those who own it. The combination of its world-class optical performance combined with its beautiful bokeh is a combination that offers stunning ‘3D’ image rendition. Macro and portrait photographers should consider this a ‘must have’ lens, but it’s equally excellent for distance shooting.”—Lloyd Chambers, author
The table of contents from the chapter on this lens includes:
King of bokeh! Corner-to-corner sharpness, world class.
- 100/2 Makro-Planar Main Page
- MTF Chart
- Vignetting / Relative Illuminance
- Examples, ZE for Canon EOS
- Examples in Yosemite with Nikon D3x
- Examples in White Mountains and Death Valley / D3x
- Comparison to Canon EF 100/2.8 Macro
- ZE 100/2 Makro-Planar aperture series
- Comparison to Nikon 105mm f/2.8G VR
- In-depth Comparison to Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8 VR ED-IF
- Close-up Considerations at 1:1
- Comparison to Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS macro
- Comparison to Leica 100/2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit-R
- Comparison to Leica 100/2.8 APO, Nikon 105/2.8G (Mining Mill)
- Violet Fringing (LOCA) vs Aperture (Sunlit Water Bottles)
- Aperture Series: Pine Creek Tungsten Mine Aerial
- Resolution Chart
Subscribers get deep coverage of each Zeiss SLR lens. Every lens is explored in detail, distilling 4+ years of field use into an easy to read format.